Atlanta Hawks break out cool, almost cruel timeout fan challenge
How would you fare against Hot Sauce?
No, we’re not talking about how well you can handle Habanero or Ghost Pepper sauce, but rather how you’d defend playground legend Philip “Hot Sauce” Champion.
Fans at Atlanta Hawks games are finding out. During some recent home games, fans got to take the challenge of trying to keep “Hot Sauce” from scoring for 24 seconds. If they can do that, they win $50, and if they can steal the ball from him, they get a new set of tires.
Let’s just say, it didn’t go well for the hopefuls.
This is the latest in fan interactive games at sporting events — and all the best contests seem to be coming out of Atlanta.
Last baseball season, the Braves introduced the very popular “Beat the Freeze” contest, in which contestants were tasked on outrunning world-class sprinter Nigel Talton in a foul pole-to-foul pole race with a huge head start.
- Devin Booker’s terrific night topped by Trae Young in 4th, Suns fall to Hawks
- Report: Former Phoenix Sun Alex Len signs with Hawks
- Report: Suns’ McDonough, Sarver have met with Hawks’ Budenholzer
- NBA Draft Lottery positioning update: Suns closing in on best odds
- Big games from Warren, Payton not enough in Suns’ loss to Hawks