Josh Braun sparks Grand Canyon’s rout of Chicago State
PHOENIX — Joshua Braun scored 14 points to help spark Grand Canyon’s wire-to-wire, 89-55 rout of Chicago State in a Western Athletic Conference contest Saturday night.
Chicago State has now lost 19 straight.
Grand Canyon opened the game with back-to-back-to-back 3-pointers by Alessandro Lever, Casey Benson and Braun and never trailed. By halftime, the Antelopes led 36-27. Benson hit a layup and followed it with a 3 to push the lead to 46-27 barely two minutes into the second half. Grand Canyon finished with 11 3-pointers on 27 attempts (40.7 percent).
Grand Canyon (17-7, 6-2) had its four-game win streak snapped by Utah Valley and the Lopes now have won back-to-back games.
Oscar Frayer had 12 points and Keonta Vernon added 10 points and grabbed eight rebounds for the Antelopes, who had 15 players see action and 13 figure in the scoring.
Glen Burns scored 12 points to lead Chicago State (2-23, 0-8).
- Milstead rallies Grand Canyon to victory with late run
- Alessandro Lever, Grand Canyon cruises past Mississippi Valley State
- Grand Canyon can’t hold on late in close loss to No. 6 Nevada
- Grand Canyon falls to Utah in Wooden Legacy, will play for seventh place
- Grand Canyon uses depth to beat Jacksonville