A disastrous tornado ripped through Oklahoma Tuesday, killing dozens, injuring hundreds more and destroying homes and other buildings.
It didn’t take long for one of the most prominent adopted Oklahomans to step up and help the relief efforts.
Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder has reached into his pocket and given a substantial amount of money to the Oklahoma Red Cross.
@kdtrey5 steps forward and gives $1mil matching gift to the ARC for disaster relief, text “REDCROSS” to 90999 for a $10 donation.
— Red Cross Oklahoma (@redcrossokc) May 21, 2013
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity