Jacob Karam is the starting quarterback for the Memphis Tigers, but he’s making people take notice for another reason.
Karam threw for 1,895 yards and 14 touchdowns for the Tigers last season, but really made his mark off the field when he recently visited St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis and accompanied 11-year-old leukemia patient Breanna Bercegeay.
Bercegeay sang “Price Tag” by Jessie J featuring B.o.B. and Karam joined in, even supplying the rap in the song’s bridge.
It’s pretty heartwarming stuff. Well done, Jacob and Breanna.
Character Counts Finalist
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity