There is no way any single act will be able to make up for the loss suffered by TV sportscaster Dom Tiberi, but what the Ohio State football team did Saturday likely had an unimaginable impact on his life.
Tiberi, who has been with WBNS since 1981, lost his 21-year-old daughter in an automobile accident Sept. 17.
Following Ohio State’s game against Wisconsin, which it won 31-24, almost every member of the fourth-ranked Buckeyes stopped to give Tiberi a hug on their way off the field.
This came a week after the school honored the broadcaster and his daughter with a moment of silence before a game against Florida A&M.
H/T to Deadspin.com for this one.
Character Counts Finalist
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity