Arizona Cardinals linebacker Sam Acho isn’t making a difference on the football field.
Back in September, Acho injured his ankle during a loss to the New Orleans Saints and was placed on season-ending injured reserve.
But the third-year player is still making a difference in the world.
December 9, Acho, in conjunction with Living Hope Ministries (his parents’ foundation), is hosting the second annual Hope for Life Celebrity Auction and Fashion Show at the Ritz-Carlton in Phoenix. Proceeds will help build a hospital in Nigeria, where his parents were born.
Acho has recruited several Cardinals teammates and other Valley athletes and celebrities, who will be auctioning off experiences like rounds of golf, wine tastings and bowling outings. Cards quarterback Carson Palmer is auctioning off the opportunity for people to have him take their kids to school.
“The biggest thing is we’re trying to raise this money to build this hospital, so I want people to sign up now and then you’ll get a chance to experience what people said last year was an awesome event,” Acho told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620.
For more details on how you can get involved in the Hope for Life Celebrity Auction and Fashion Show, visit SamAcho.com.
Character Counts Finalist
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity