Gus Johnson squeals as Giannis Antetokounmpo jumps over defender
The Greek Freak jumps OVER Hardaway Jr!! pic.twitter.com/auLCHgf79v— Milwaukee Bucks (@Bucks) February 7, 2018
With the NBA trade deadline less than two days away, all eyes are on the latest breaking news and reports on potential deals being made.
For a brief moment Tuesday night, however, the attention turned to Madison Square Garden.
In the third quarter of a contest between the Milwaukee Bucks and New York Knicks, Bucks wing Khris Middleton picked up a steal.
Seeing the “Greek Freak” Giannis Antetokounmpo coming out of the corner of his eye, Middleton slows his approach to the rim to set up the alley-oop pass.
Antetokounmpo, who moves like a guard but is nearly seven feet tall with a ridiculous wingspan, is known for making plays that defy what we are normally used to seeing.
On the pass, though, he topped anything we’ve seen in the past. He soared up for the alley-oop finish, and in the process, completely jumped over New York’s Tim Hardaway Jr.
It’s worth mentioning that Hardaway is 6-foot-6.
While Antetokounmpo’s feat is remarkable, Gus Johnson’s reaction on the call might be better, as he can’t help but simply squeal at seeing what the 23-year-old MVP candidate pulled off in real time.
Everyone took to Twitter for their reactions, claiming to have never seen a specific instance of that play.
- Bucks fire coach Jason Kidd before game against Suns
- Agent Rich Paul on dealing with Suns before Eric Bledsoe trade: ‘It’s business’
- Booker’s late heroics can’t bring Suns win in Bledsoe’s return to Phoenix
- Eric Bledsoe’s return to Phoenix among Wednesday’s NBA storylines
- Bucks’ Bledsoe returns to Phoenix, hasn’t ‘said one bad thing’ about Suns