The Los Angeles Dodgers deserve a round of applause for this.
And Cash Davis deserves a standing ovation.
Davis, just five years old, recently survived a first-of-its-kind surgery at Phoenix Children’s Hospital. It saved his life.
So, before a recent spring training game between the Dodgers and San Diego Padres, Davis got to round the bases, with players from both teams lining the base lines to support him and the crowd cheering the entire time.
Character Counts Finalist
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity