There is plenty of value in competition.
There may be more value in sportsmanship.
Over the weekend, Florida Southern senior pitcher Chelsea Oglevie served up a three-run home run on the final pitch of her collegiate career. While rounding the bases the batter, Eckard College’s Kara Oberer, had her knee lock up.
She made it around the bases anyway, thanks to Oglevie and teammate Leah Pemberton.
Character Counts Finalist
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity