Arizona football adds to 2018 class on February National Signing Day
The Arizona Wildcats have the majority of their players in the 2018 recruiting class officially signed, but they will fill out most of the remaining holes in the second National Signing Day on Wednesday.
On Dec. 20, the then-Rich Rodriguez-led Wildcats added nine players on the offensive side of the ball and seven on defense.
Two weeks later, Rodriguez was fired amid a harassment scandal, leaving new coach Kevin Sumlin to pick up the pieces.
Below is a list of Arizona’s February signing day commitments for the February period.
• Kevin Doyle, QB, St. John’s College High School (Washington DC) — ★★★
Doyle is a 6-foot-4, pro-style quarterback who was once committed to Michigan.
• Jamarye Joiner, QB, Cienega High School (Vail, Ariz.) – ★★★
Joyner is a 6-foot-3 dual-threat quarterback. He threw for 2,196 yards and 26 touchdowns while also rushing for 1,399 yards and 18 touchdowns.
• Adam Plant, DE, Bishop Gorman High School (Las Vegas) — ★★★
The 6-foot-5, 245-pound Plant keeps Arizona’s connection to the Las Vegas area alive after Rodriguez’s coaching staff found success there. He comes from the same powerhouse program as former UA starting quarterback Anu Solomon.
• Dayven Coleman, S, West Mesquite High School (Mesquite, Texas) — ★★★
— Arizona Football (@ArizonaFBall) February 7, 2018
- Former UA star Stoudamire won’t say how he got that BMW in college
- Ex-Arizona assistant coach pleads guilty to bribery charge
- ESPN predicts Arizona LB Colin Schooler will be 2019 All-American
- Arizona football recruiting: Who’s inked in the early signing period?
- UA’s non-conference home winning streak comes to end vs. Baylor