Devin Booker ruled out with hip injury as Suns face Spurs
Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker will not play Wednesday against the San Antonio Spurs as he misses his second game due to a left hip pointer injury.
Booker injured himself Sunday against the Charlotte Hornets and sat out Tuesday as the Suns fell, 112-93, to the Lakers in Los Angeles. The Suns started a lineup of Tyler Ulis, Josh Jackson, T.J. Warren, Dragan Bender and Tyson Chandler with Booker sidelined.
Booker is averaging 24.1 points, 4.4 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game and was dealing with sore ribs prior to his most recent injury.
Tip is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. with pregame coverage beginning a half-hour earlier on 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station.
- Suns recall big man Alan Williams from Northern Arizona
- NBA Draft Lottery odds tracker: Suns sniffing three first-round picks
- Suns assign Alan Williams to NAZ as he nears return from knee injury
- Phoenix Suns’ Alan Williams: ‘I just want to get out there and play’
- Devin Booker: We’ve been babied, we need to be humbled