Phoenix Suns drop in Forbes’ rankings of NBA franchise value
The Suns’ value shot up 16 percent from last year’s $1.1 billion to $1.28 billion.
This puts the Suns under the league average of $1.65 billion.
The New York Knicks lead the league in value with $3.6 billion and the New Orleans Pelicans are the NBA’s least valuable franchise at $1 billion.
Phoenix is dead last in value for teams in the Pacific Division. The Los Angeles Lakers ($3.3 billion) and the Golden State Warriors ($3.1 billion) lead the division as the second-and third-most valuable teams in the league. The Los Angeles Clippers are the eighth most valuable franchise at $2.15 billion. The Sacramento Kings are the closest to the Suns valued at $1.37 billion and the 13th most valuable in the NBA.
- Booker magnificent in return, Suns beginning to gel in win over T-Wolves
- A timeline of the Brooks-broken Suns, Grizzlies and Wizards trade
- Kelly Oubre Jr. would provide great return for Suns, restarts wing logjam
- Phoenix Suns agree to trade Trevor Ariza to the Washington Wizards
- Report: Suns to have Ariza away from team Saturday after trade falls apart