Winning a championship in any sport is a rewarding experience for an athlete.
Mesut Özil knows the feeling well. Özil helped Germany to their fourth FIFA World Cup crown earlier this month in Brazil.
Instead of blowing his World Cup bonus on frivolous endeavors, Özil is donating a reported $600,000 to pay for surgeries for 23 children in the host country.
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity