Eagles’ Jason Kelce steals the show with victory rant at Super Bowl parade
Jason Kelce STOLE. THE. SHOW. 🔥
— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) February 8, 2018
By ending a 52-year championship drought, the 2017 Philadelphia Eagles were given carte blanche to celebrate. Don’t believe it? Ask center Jason Kelce.
Dressed like “Aladdin”, Kelce did not hold back in any department when it came time to speak to the fans. Screaming into the microphone for over four minutes, the seventh-year pro delivered an address that will never be forgotten in the city of Philadelphia.
His speech, though centered around the theme of underdogs, went in every imaginable direction. He started with the demotion of Howie Roseman in favor of Chip Kelly and concluded with a list of grievances made about numerous players on the Eagles roster that fueled them.
Kelce took exception to former NFL executive Michael Lombardi referring to him as “some clown named Mike Lombardi” when discussing a comment made about head coach Doug Pederson’s qualifications.
Kelce displayed so much passion that the NFL Network had to bleep him out a few times, including dead audio for 34 straight seconds while he finished speaking.
- Who wants Maroon 5 at the Super Bowl? Nobody, the answer is nobody
- Cardinals fill open roster spot with former Eagle Joe Walker
- The Cardinals are tied for worst odds in the NFL to win the Super Bowl
- ‘The closer’: Gov. Ducey credited with sealing Arizona Super Bowl bid
- Super Bowl coming back to Arizona in 2023