D-backs’ Archie Bradley bobblehead will memorialize Wild Card triple
Soon, Archie Bradley’s historic 2017 Wild Card game moment could be commemorated on your desk.
The Arizona Diamondbacks are making the bobblehead available to 20,000 fans at Saturday’s game against the San Diego Padres.
The imagery looks more than familiar.
The bobblehead is of Bradley just after he knocked in a two-RBI triple to push the D-backs’ lead over the Colorado Rockies to 8-5. After rounding the bases, Bradley pointed to the Chase Field crowd en route to Arizona’s win — a moment memorialized in the bobblehead.
Not only is the bobblehead a snapshot of the moment — it’ll have an audio component as well.
It features the set-up of the play by radio analyst Tom Candiotti, the live call by play-by-play man Greg Schulte and the Chase Field crowd’s chant of “Archie! Archie! Archie!” after the knock.
Zack Godley thinks the bobblehead looks like Bradley with the “combover” — Bradley would call it a fade — and the “nice, pretty, big beard.
“Yeah, that’s Archie,” Godley added. “The only problem is it’s not talking.”
“This was a defining moment for our club.” pic.twitter.com/UBM5MOHT7Q
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) April 20, 2018
- New D-back Patrick Kivlehan excited to ‘do anything at all costs to win’
- D-backs’ Lovullo, Bradley have one-on-one discussion regarding role
- D-backs’ bullpen tested, escapes calamity in win over Braves
- D-backs’ Archie Bradley participating in sporting goods, backpack drive
- Arizona Diamondbacks’ Robbie Ray steps up in playoff push