Northern Arizona falls to North Dakota in overtime
GRAND FORKS, N.D. — Geno Crandall scored 28 points, Conner Avants added seven of his eight points in overtime and North Dakota beat Northern Arizona 86-81 on Saturday.
Billy Brown made a 3-pointer to open the extra period as the Fighting Hawks (10-17, 5-10 Big Sky Conference) outscored Northern Arizona 17-12. Crandall scored four points and Dale Jones chipped in two free throws in overtime.
Crandall was 9-of-13 shooting and made four 3-pointers. Jones finished with 16 points with four 3s, and Marlon Stewart added 13 points and nine assists.
Torry Johnson scored a career-high 33 points and Chris Bowling added 17 to lead Northern Arizona (4-23, 1-13).
Bowling’s dunk tied the game at 69 with 25 seconds left. Isaiah Thomas, who finished with 12 points and three blocks for the Lumberjacks, blocked Kienan Walter’s jump shot at the buzzer to force overtime.
Both teams shot better than 50 percent overall, but North Dakota hit 15 3-pointers and the Lumberjacks made 10.
- NCAA officials arrive in Phoenix looking at bid for possible Final Four
- ASU softball brings one-two pitching punch to super regional
- Is this the year both ASU, Arizona miss out on baseball postseason?
- ASU’s N’Keal Harry, UA’s Khalil Tate among players to watch in 2018
- Autistic Rutgers fan sets record for longest touchdown in spring game