‘J.D. Come Back’: A song parody for J.D. Martinez
J.D. Martinez remains unsigned.
As of yet, Martinez hasn’t budged with the Boston Red Sox reportedly dangling a contract of five years and more than $100 million in front of him. Arizona Diamondbacks fans, meanwhile, continue holding out hope that the slugger will return to the desert despite chasing a lengthy and prosperous contract.
With that, Bickley & Marotta’s Jarrett Carlen of 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station wants to let J.D. know that he’s wanted here.
What better way to let the outfielder know than by romantic tune?
Taking a little — OK, a lot — from Player’s “Baby Come Back,” Carlen put together a song to bring out the emotions of D-backs fans that, frankly, the original hit couldn’t.
It’s “J.D. Come Back.”
- D-backs FA outfielder A.J. Pollock’s status, FA market remain at standstill
- D-backs acquire INF/OF Tim Locastro from Yankees
- D-backs’ Archie Bradley is either closing or tweeting about that song
- Reports: INF Wilmer Flores agrees to deal with Diamondbacks
- Diamondbacks release 2019 spring training radio, TV broadcast schedule