‘J.D. Come Back’: A song parody for J.D. Martinez
J.D. Martinez remains unsigned.
As of yet, Martinez hasn’t budged with the Boston Red Sox reportedly dangling a contract of five years and more than $100 million in front of him. Arizona Diamondbacks fans, meanwhile, continue holding out hope that the slugger will return to the desert despite chasing a lengthy and prosperous contract.
With that, Bickley & Marotta’s Jarrett Carlen of 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station wants to let J.D. know that he’s wanted here.
What better way to let the outfielder know than by romantic tune?
Taking a little — OK, a lot — from Player’s “Baby Come Back,” Carlen put together a song to bring out the emotions of D-backs fans that, frankly, the original hit couldn’t.
It’s “J.D. Come Back.”
- Filling in for Walker, D-backs’ Matt Koch impresses in loss to San Diego
- D-backs honor former GM with ‘Kevin’s Tower’ suite at Chase FIeld
- D-backs OFs Owings, Pollock out of lineup vs. San Diego
- Marte, Pollock homer to lift D-backs to a sixth straight series victory
- Arizona Diamondbacks option Silvino Bracho to Triple-A