‘J.D. Come Back’: A song parody for J.D. Martinez
J.D. Martinez remains unsigned.
As of yet, Martinez hasn’t budged with the Boston Red Sox reportedly dangling a contract of five years and more than $100 million in front of him. Arizona Diamondbacks fans, meanwhile, continue holding out hope that the slugger will return to the desert despite chasing a lengthy and prosperous contract.
With that, Bickley & Marotta’s Jarrett Carlen of 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station wants to let J.D. know that he’s wanted here.
What better way to let the outfielder know than by romantic tune?
Taking a little — OK, a lot — from Player’s “Baby Come Back,” Carlen put together a song to bring out the emotions of D-backs fans that, frankly, the original hit couldn’t.
It’s “J.D. Come Back.”
- Arizona Diamondbacks name Zack Greinke as Opening Day starter
- D-backs send Tomas, 7 others to minors in latest cuts
- D-backs’ McFarland tells story of failed March Madness pool in 7th grade
- Diamondbacks still sorting out Opening Day battery
- Diamondbacks’ Jake Lamb removed from spring game with back tightness