‘J.D. Come Back’: A song parody for J.D. Martinez
J.D. Martinez remains unsigned.
As of yet, Martinez hasn’t budged with the Boston Red Sox reportedly dangling a contract of five years and more than $100 million in front of him. Arizona Diamondbacks fans, meanwhile, continue holding out hope that the slugger will return to the desert despite chasing a lengthy and prosperous contract.
With that, Bickley & Marotta’s Jarrett Carlen of 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station wants to let J.D. know that he’s wanted here.
What better way to let the outfielder know than by romantic tune?
Taking a little — OK, a lot — from Player’s “Baby Come Back,” Carlen put together a song to bring out the emotions of D-backs fans that, frankly, the original hit couldn’t.
It’s “J.D. Come Back.”
- Report: D-backs eyeing Jackie Bradley Jr. as potential Pollock replacement
- Reports: Ketel Marte could play CF for D-backs, Jake Lamb to 1B
- Gomez: D-backs’ financial mishaps made Goldschmidt trade inevitable
- Washington Nationals introduce Patrick Corbin, make signing official
- Paul Goldschmidt is classic Goldy as he’s introduced by Cardinals