Jon Rahm will donate money to Red Cross for every birdie, eagle
PGA golfer and Arizona State alum Jon Rahm announced in a video on Twitter that he will continue to donate money based on his golf performance this week to Mexico’s Red Cross due to the recent earthquake in the Mexico City area.
“I want to donate some money to the Mexican Red Cross for all these people in need,” Rahm said.
Excited to be in Mexico City and get the week started. With the recent earthquakes happening in the greater Mexico City area I am going to donate money to the Mexican Red Cross for every birdie and every eagle I make this week. Let’s make it a great one! pic.twitter.com/iRbubHJifs
— Jon Rahm Rodriguez (@JonRahmpga) February 28, 2018
Rahm said that for every birdie he makes this week he will donating $1,000 for every birdie.
He didn’t stop there, though, as Rahm said he will also donate $3,000 for every eagle he gets as well.
Rahm will be playing in the World Championships-Mexico Championship, which will be held in Naucalpan March 1 to 4.
Rahm currently has the third highest Vegas odds to win in Mexico at 10/1. He is just behind Justin Thomas at 15-2 and Dustin Johnson at 13/2.
- D-backs to face Rockies in Mexico for two games this weekend
- Mickelson wins match against Woods with birdie on 22nd hole
- Coyotes launch ticket initiative to benefit nonprofit organizations
- Italy’s Francesco Molinari wins the claret jug ending America’s win streak
- Rolling Neymar becomes a World Cup meme