J.R. Smith suspended for throwing soup, NBA Twitter loses it
NBA fans woke up Friday morning to a peculiar story surrounding Cleveland Cavaliers J.R. Smith, assistant coach Damon Jones and a bowl of soup.
Yes, a bowl of soup.
According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, Smith received his Thursday suspension from the team after he threw a bowl of soup at Jones.
And while the type of soup has yet to be identified, it hasn’t stopped social media from making their best guess and just plain losing it.
In addition in trying to unearth exactly what type of soup it was, here is another thought.
How does one — effectively — throw soup?
- NBA unveils ‘Earned Edition’ uniforms for 16 playoff teams
- J.R. Smith stars in hilarious Foot Locker ad campaign
- Steve Nash wonders how NBA’s bench-leaving rule will be viewed this time
- Former ASU DB promises to buy fans jerseys if Cavs win NBA Finals
- LeBron James leaves reporters stunned by his incredible memory