Coyotes call up Campbell as Goligoski awaits birth of child
Defenseman Andrew Campbell will join the Arizona Coyotes after the NHL team recalled him from the AHL Tucson Roadrunners on Sunday.
The 30-year-old gives Arizona a body in place of Alex Goligoski, whose wife is expecting to give birth to the couple’s second child.
Goligoski will return to the team after the baby is born.
Arizona has a Monday game at Edmonton, a Wednesday meeting with Vancouver and a Saturday outing against Colorado before returning home to face the Canucks Sunday at Gila River Arena.
Campbell has two goals and four assists in 47 games with Tucson. He has 42 career NHL appearances in his career spanning his time on the Coyotes, Toronto Maple Leafs and Los Angeles Kings.
Goligoski has nine goals and 21 assists in 63 games for the Coyotes this season.
- Despite injuries, Arizona Coyotes somehow still in playoff picture
- Arizona Coyotes send G Adin Hill to Tucson Roadrunners
- Coyotes blown out by Flames, unable to complete Canadian sweep
- Arizona Coyotes recall goalie Calvin Pickard from Tucson
- Garland scores 2 power-play goals, lifts Coyotes past Oilers