GCU basketball’s Alessandro Lever, Joshua Braun make All-WAC teams
The Western Athletic Conference named Grand Canyon freshman Alessandro Lever to its five-man All-WAC First Team on Tuesday, while Antelopes senior Joshua Braun made the second team.
Lever, a 6-foot-10 center from Italy, was named the WAC Freshman of the Year and also made the all-newcomer team after averaging 11.3 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.3 assists.
A year after Braun making the All-WAC First Team and two years removed from his appearance on the second team, the senior guard again made the all-conference second team. Braun wrapped his regular season averaging 12.3 points, 3.9 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game.
GCU sophomore Oscar Frayer was additionally named to the All-WAC Defensive Team. The 6-foot-7 swingman averaged 9.8 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.3 steals for the Antelopes.
Grand Canyon (20-10, 9-5 WAC) enters the WAC Tournament as the No. 3 seed and opens the postseason in Las Vegas against No. 6 seed Missouri-Kansas City on Thursday.
- Grand Canyon can’t hold on late in close loss to No. 6 Nevada
- Grand Canyon falls to Utah in Wooden Legacy, will play for seventh place
- Grand Canyon uses depth to beat Jacksonville
- College basketball kicks off with three exhibition games in Valley
- Suns dip into in-state pool again by selecting Arizona’s Deandre Ayton