Ripped NFL referee Ed Hochuli retires, less-shredded son earns promotion
The NFL is trading down when it comes to yoked biceps and triceps. Ripped-as-heck referee Ed Hochuli is retiring while his son, Shawn Hochuli, earned a promotion to referee after previously serving as a back judge, the NFL announced on Tuesday.
Hochuli, 67, graduated from Canyon del Oro High School in Tucson and later returned to the city to earn a degree from the University of Arizona law school. He currently lives in Phoenix and alongside his officiating career worked at the Valley law firm Jones, Skelton & Hochuli.
None of those things really is that important, because he is most well-known for his trunk-like arms and long-winded explanations while officiating games of pro football.
With all due respect to Shawn, whose limbs look like noodles in comparison, this is a serious downgrade.
Seriously, look at this.
Anyhow, the NFL is losing an icon in Ed, and Twitter users reacted to the news of Hochuli’s retirement.
Ed Hochuli has retired the NFL will never be the same pic.twitter.com/ik1hFLD7SG
— Brett (@BrettPats) March 6, 2018
- Arizona State coach Bobby Hurley reprimanded by Pac-12
- The best quotes from Bruce Arians’ time with the Arizona Cardinals
- The career of Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer: By the numbers
- Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians announces his retirement
- NFL to now have some full-time officials on its roster