Carolina Hurricanes prank fans who try to click on GM job application
Chalk up a win for the Carolina Hurricanes’ Twitter account.
The NHL’s Hurricanes, who recently re-assigned their general manager to a different role in the organization, will search for a new GM. They tweeted out an invitation to fans to apply for the role:
The only problem? Anyone who clicks the link gets Rick-rolled.
That’s right, you’ll be led to a YouTube music video for the song “Never Gonna Give You Up” by Rick Astley, the famous music video that’s used to prank those who believe they’re clicking on something else.
It’s a pretty great move by the Hurricanes, who capitalized on a less-than-glamorous moment in their organization to make some fans feel pretty silly.
- Coyotes score in bizarre fashion after goalie skates puck in own goal
- Raanta, Keller spark Coyotes’ first home win of season
- Coyotes take shootout win, despite Antti Raanta’s scary ‘journey’
- Nashville expanding non-traditional markets’ NHL footprint
- Coyotes fan channels his inner Rick Astley during hockey game