No. 11 legends meet: Larry Fitzgerald greets Didier Drogba at Suns game
Name a better duo of No. 11s. We’ll wait.
During the Phoenix Suns’ game against the Golden State Warriors on Sunday night, Arizona Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald greeted Phoenix Rising FC star Didier Drogba courtside.
— Phoenix Rising FC (@PHXRisingFC) April 9, 2018
What do the two have in common beyond wearing the No. 11 on the back of their jerseys and playing for Valley teams?
Not a whole lot other than a lot of respect in their respective sports and then some.
One is from the Ivory Coast, another from Minnesota. One has played for eight different teams as a professional, another just one.
Drogba, the Ivory Coast’s all-time leading scorer best known for his career with Chelsea FC, has six years on the 34-year-old Fitzgerald, the 11-time Pro Bowler.
But they’re both bringing a sense of community to Phoenix’s sports scene.
- Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury on QB talk: ‘It comes with the territory’
- Arizona Sports NFL Mock Draft Tracker: Who’s next for the Cards at No. 1?
- Celebrating Valentine’s Day, Arizona Sports style, with a Suns poem
- Why an NFL mock draft has the Cardinals picking QB Kyler Murray
- Kingsbury empowering Cardinals ‘defensive head coach’ Joseph