Trivia Tuesday: Major champions since Tiger Woods’ last win
In 2008, Tiger Woods won the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines Golf Course in La Jolla, Calif.
It was Woods’ 14th major championship, and considering that his first came only 11 years earlier at The Masters in 1997, it marked the most dominant run by any single golfer in history.
As of now, that ’08 U.S. Open win was also Tiger’s last in a major. He remains active, and has actually played pretty well early in 2018, but hasn’t been able to end the drought.
There have been 39 major tournaments held since Woods’ last win, and 30 different golfers have hoisted trophies.
That’s your Trivia Tuesday challenge for this week — name the champions of each major since Tiger’s last triumph.
We’ve given you the year and the tournament, you just have to name the golfer. OK — we’ll give you another hint. Here’s the breakdown of the 30 champions by their nationality:
United States: 14
Northern Ireland: 3
South Africa: 3
South Korea: 1
- Italy’s Francesco Molinari wins the claret jug ending America’s win streak
- Trivia Tuesday: Home Run Derby winners over the years
- Dates announced for 2019 Waste Management Phoenix Open
- Trivia Tuesday: Baseball’s leading hitters since 2014
- Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods planning epic head-to-head matchup