Arizona Cardinals release center Max Tuerk
The Arizona Cardinals released center Max Tuerk on Thursday, the team announced in a release.
Signed off the San Diego Chargers’ practice squad in November 2017, the 2013 third-round draft pick appeared in one game with Arizona last season. He sat behind starting center A.Q. Shipley and backup Evan Boehm on the depth chart.
Tuerk began the 2017 season on suspension with San Diego after testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs. The Chargers, who drafted him out of USC, waived him after he served the suspension and he was re-signed to their practice squad in October.
Shipley, Boehm and 26-year-old Josh Allen are the remaining centers on the Cardinals’ active roster.
- Report: Cardinals hire Tom Clements as offensive assistant, QB coach
- Report: Cardinals interview former Browns HC Hue Jackson for OC job
- John Clayton: ‘Hard to tell’ who will be Cardinals OC right now
- Report: Arizona Cardinals hire former Broncos DB coach Greg Williams
- A list of Kliff Kingsbury’s haters and skeptics