Shane Doan jersey in auction to raise funds for Humboldt Broncos victims
Former Arizona Coyotes captain Shane Doan’s signed jersey is one of many up for auction in an effort to support the families affected by the Humboldt Broncos hockey team’s bus crash that took the lives of 16 people and injured more than a dozen more.
Doan, whose jersey has a bid of more than $650 Canadian dollars, asked fellow former Coyote Paul Bissonnette to help him promote the auction, which goes until Friday.
It ends the night of the Humboldt Broncos Tribute Concert in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Doan, who played for the Coyotes/Jets franchise from 1995-2017, will invite the winner of his jersey to a meet-and-greet following the concert at SaskTel Centre. The concert features artists Dallas Smith, Brett Kissel, Gord Bamford, Chad Brownlee, Jess Moskaluke and The Hunter Brothers.
Proceeds will go directly to the families of the bus crash victims.
Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.
- Coyotes rookie goaltender Adin Hill named NHL’s 2nd ‘Star of the Week’
- The 5: Biggest Arizona Coyotes storylines through one month
- NHL partners with MGM to share data for sports betting
- Coyotes, Christian Fischer surging on offense after slow start
- Kenny Stills rewards security guard after sending her into endzone wall