Patriots select ASU’s Christian Sam in sixth round of NFL Draft
The New England Patriots selected Arizona State linebacker Christian Sam with pick No. 178 (6th round) of the 2018 NFL Draft on Saturday.
During his stint in Tempe, Sam recorded 240 tackles, seven sacks and three interceptions.
The 6-foot-1, 220-pound linebacker saw his best season his senior year where he made 127 total tackles, including 9.5 tackles for loss and three sacks.
At the NFL Combine, he outperformed all the other linebackers in the bench press, putting up 28 reps.
Only three other linebackers hoisted more than 25 reps on the bench.
He joins Kalen Ballage and Sam Jones as the only Sun Devils to have been selected through six rounds of the NFL Draft.
- Arizona Cardinals defense may have to trigger first win of season
- Gerald Hodges stands out as Cardinals search for right LB mix
- Cardinals WR Christian Kirk misses practice Thursday after car accident
- Peterson: Cardinals got message from Wilks playing boos at end of practice
- Week 3 injury report: Chicago Bears vs. Arizona Cardinals