Patriots select ASU’s Christian Sam in sixth round of NFL Draft
The New England Patriots selected Arizona State linebacker Christian Sam with pick No. 178 (6th round) of the 2018 NFL Draft on Saturday.
During his stint in Tempe, Sam recorded 240 tackles, seven sacks and three interceptions.
The 6-foot-1, 220-pound linebacker saw his best season his senior year where he made 127 total tackles, including 9.5 tackles for loss and three sacks.
At the NFL Combine, he outperformed all the other linebackers in the bench press, putting up 28 reps.
Only three other linebackers hoisted more than 25 reps on the bench.
He joins Kalen Ballage and Sam Jones as the only Sun Devils to have been selected through six rounds of the NFL Draft.
- Arizona Sports NFL Power Rankings Week 16: Saints elevate
- Cardinals’ Patrick Peterson spreads holiday cheer with ‘Shop with a Jock’
- Poor shooting No. 18 ASU falls on road to Vanderbilt
- Cardinals coach Steve Wilks doesn’t feel like a broken record
- Cardinals atop 2019 NFL Draft order after loss to Falcons