Mascots brawl at Nationals Park during presidents’ race
Love them or hate them, mascots truly add a unique sense of pride for their respective teams.
But like any prideful fan, sometimes their emotions tend to get the best of them.
During Sunday’s contest between the Arizona Diamondbacks and Washington Nationals, various mascots ambushed the famous presidents’ race, causing mayhem between innings.
Of those involved, Bill the Goat from the nearby United States Naval Academy and Georgetown Jack from Georgetown University appeared to be the most violent.
Bill the Goat went airborn during the brawl, headbutting Abe Lincoln. Georgetown Jack then followed with a vicious body slam, leaving Honest Abe down for several minutes.
Testudo from the University of Maryland and G-Wiz from the Washington Wizards were seen in the background throwing haymakers on one of the presidents, while other mascots ambushed another.
The brawl concluded just in time for the start of the inning, but it is unknown whether the mascots involved will be reprimanded for their actions.
- Eduardo Escobar agrees to three-year deal with Diamondbacks
- Olney: D-backs, Yankees could fit as trade partners for Goldschmidt
- Derrick Hall: Diamondbacks will ditch grass for synthetic turf field
- Report: D-backs would ‘love to move’ ace Zack Greinke
- D-backs reliever Brad Ziegler retires on 39th birthday