D-backs continue baseball field makeovers with Douglas’ Durazo Field
The Arizona Diamondbacks have continued to refurbish baseball and softball fields across the state of Arizona since 2000.
The latest addition in 2018 is Douglas’ Erubiel Durazo Field, serving as the 40th “Diamondbacks Back” Field.
If you want to visit the park, it’s located at Airport Park on east Geronimo Trail in Douglas.
The program run by the D-backs has put an investment in the community of more than $10 million, with last year’s dedication taking place in Goodyear with Paul Goldschmidt Field. There are fields all across Arizona from the program, such as Troy Glaus Field in Casa Grande and Brad Ziegler Field in Prescott.
The program from the D-backs has support from APS that helps the fields with new lights, an electronic scoreboard and more.
Durazo played with Arizona from 1999-2002, hitting .278 with 47 home runs and 149 RBI. He currently serves as a Special Advisor to Hall in Mexico and was inducted into the Serie Del Caribe Hall of Fame last year.
- D-backs FA outfielder A.J. Pollock’s status, FA market remain at standstill
- D-backs acquire INF/OF Tim Locastro from Yankees
- D-backs’ Archie Bradley is either closing or tweeting about that song
- Reports: INF Wilmer Flores agrees to deal with Diamondbacks
- Diamondbacks release 2019 spring training radio, TV broadcast schedule