D-backs celebrate Cinco with special food, t-shirt giveaway and more
The Arizona Diamondbacks will celebrate Cinco de Mayo on Saturday with a special food lineup, a State Forty Eight t-shirt giveaway and a salsa-tasting event prior to the game against the Houston Astros.
The D-backs will also wear their alternate Los D-backs jerseys.
The first 20,000 fans will be able to acquire a free State Forty Eight sugar skull t-shirt.
Festivities begin prior to the 5:10 p.m. first pitch.
At 2 p.m., a fiesta will be set up on 4th and Jackson streets with live music, a beer garden, inflatables for the kids and food trucks.
Fans can taste salsa from the competitors in the My Nana’s Salsa Challenge, benefiting the Arizona Hemophilia Association. A panel including former player J.J. Putz will judge the contest.
Of course, Cinco de Mayo wouldn’t be complete without a special food menu. Here is what is being served at Chase Field to get you in the Cinco spirit.
• Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dog – Bacon wrapped hot dog, roasted jalapeno cream cheese, pico de gallo, crispy jalapenos. Available at Red Hot Grill near Section 118
• Barbacoa Tots – Crispy tots with Monterrey Jack cheese sauce, shredded Mexican beef pot roast, avocado crema, Pico de Gallo. Available at Taste of Chase near Section 130
• Churro Nachos – Crispy flour tortillas tossed in cinnamon and sugar with vanilla frozen yogurt, caramel and chocolate sauce. Available at Sweet Treat portables near Sections 106 and 309
• Prickly Pear Margarita– Tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, prickly pear syrup, sugar & salt-rimmed glass. Available at all full bar locations
Fans can also visit Sol La Terraza in the upper right field concourse. It will feature Latin music, a special food menu, Folklorico dancers, face painters and pinatas.
Visit the D-backs’ website for more information on the festivities on Saturday.
- The Diamondbacks’ miserable May: By the numbers
- Diamondbacks lose seventh straight game, get swept by Brewers
- D-backs’ Zack Godley’s May pitching struggles: By the numbers
- D-backs’ Shelby Miller ‘getting close’ after third extended spring start
- Goldschmidt, Murphy go yard with two second-inning bombs