May the Fourth be with these Star Wars-inspired baseball jerseys
Like these minor league alternate uniforms, we do.
It’s May the Fourth, the official day of celebrating the Star Wars franchise. In the sports world, that means ballpark theme nights and opportunities for fun twists on jerseys.
It’s also less than a month out from the next movie release in the saga. “Solo: A Star Wars Story” comes out on May 25.
As one can imagine, that meant a heavy bend toward Han Solo-related jerseys across the minors.
Arguably, the most unique uniform was that of the Fort Wayne Tin Caps, whose jersey is an image of the Solo-owned Millennium Falcon’s cockpit. The Wilmington Blue Rocks and Altoona Curve designed their jerseys just like Solo’s typical getup.
Darth Vader’s suit appears on the Durham Bulls’ jersey, while the Omaha Storm Chasers are outfitting their players to look like rebel pilots.
Yoda, Luke Skywalker and storm troopers appear on three other uniforms, but maybe the best — yet most simple — twist comes courtesy of the Columbia Fireflies, whose White Sox-inspired jerseys turned a bat into a light saber.
- D-backs’ MiLB teams, others reveal 2019 Copa de la Diversión identities
- Coyotes will auction teal and purple Kachina jerseys for D-backs Night
- Has ASU baseball turned the corner? Sun Devils off to 8-0 start
- Arm injuries for young pitchers? Strides being taken toward prevention
- Journey of D-backs’ Takahashi shows value of being multilingual