D-backs’ Triple-A affiliate hires Emily Jaenson as new GM
The Arizona Diamondbacks’ Triple-A affiliate in Reno made history on Thursday.
The Aces hired Emily Jaenson as the team’s new general manager, making her the highest-ranking female general manager in all of minor league baseball.
Jaenson becomes the first female GM in the Pacific Coast League in nearly two decades and the sixth woman to currently hold a general manager position in minor league baseball. Jennifer Reynolds, the GM of the D-backs’ Single-A advanced affiliate in Visalia, is another.
Jaenson worked with the Aces from 2013-16 and will report to the team’s president Eric Edelstein.
“This is a tremendous honor. I’d like to thank Eric Edelstein and Mr. Simon for the opportunity,” Jaenson said in a press release. “I am not the first woman to hold the general manager title in Triple-A baseball, nor will I be the last. Tammy Felker-White and Dorsena Picknell held that position with the Portland Beavers and Salt Lake Buzz and I thank them for paving the way.”
Jaenson becomes only the second general manager in the history of the Aces.
- Goldschmidt homers, Souza picks up 3 RBI in D-backs’ win over Padres
- NL West and Wild Card tracker: The D-backs fight for the playoffs
- D-backs’ Jon Jay attempts to rob home run, gets beer on him instead
- D-backs complete trade for Jake Diekman, deal Joshua Javier to Texas
- Diamondbacks continue to rule the first inning: By the numbers