Reno Aces celebrate Star Wars Night with Millennium Falcon jerseys
Last year, the Reno Aces celebrated Star Wars Night by wearing jerseys designed like Chewbacca’s matted fur and signature bandolier slung over his shoulder.
This year, upon the release of the franchise’s latest movie, “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” the Arizona Diamondbacks’ Triple-A team is dressing for the occasion.
The Aces will host the El Paso Chihuahuas on Saturday wearing Millennium Falcon-inspired uniforms.
As if they were blasting into hyperspace, the jerseys show the motion of flying through the stars, and feature Chewbacca and Han Solo’s spaceship shooting across the front, just under the Aces logo.
The backs of the jerseys include a larger silhouette of the Millennium Falcon around the numbers.
Reno isn’t the only minor-league squad that will be celebrating Star Wars on Saturday. The Chattanooga Lookouts are gearing up to look like storm troopers this weekend.
Other teams dressed in Star Wars-themed uniforms for May the Fourth.
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Taylor Widener pitching well for Jackson
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Lamb’s back and Clarke might be getting a call
- D-backs recall Sherfy, option Scribner after one start
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Socrates Brito helping Reno turn things around
- D-backs’ Triple-A affiliate hires Emily Jaenson as new GM