ASU completes third phase of Sun Devil Stadium construction
Arizona State reached a milestone as the final piece of steel in the three-phase Sun Devil Stadium renovation was placed Wednesday.
The final steel beam was ceremoniously signed by ASU President Dr. Michael Crow and Vice President of University Athletics Ray Anderson, among others, and placed above Frank Kush Field by AECOM Hunt.
It was the final piece out of the nearly 4,000 assembly pieces and close to 1,350 tons of steel within the east side of the stadium.
Combined, the three phases totaled more than 4,274 tons of steel for around 8,548,000 pounds.
With the final beam set, the last stages of the renovation, including concrete pouring and seating installation, are now ongoing.
To see the progress of the construction, fans can visit the school’s website.
- USA Today’s Myerberg ‘bullish’ on Arizona football, not on ASU
- McShay’s early 2019 NFL mock draft includes Sun Devil as first-round pick
- Pac-12 football notebook: New coaches and a lousy bowl record
- Patriots select ASU’s Christian Sam in sixth round of NFL Draft
- ASU running back Kalen Ballage goes No. 131 to the Dolphins in NFL Draft