ASU completes third phase of Sun Devil Stadium construction
Arizona State reached a milestone as the final piece of steel in the three-phase Sun Devil Stadium renovation was placed Wednesday.
The final steel beam was ceremoniously signed by ASU President Dr. Michael Crow and Vice President of University Athletics Ray Anderson, among others, and placed above Frank Kush Field by AECOM Hunt.
It was the final piece out of the nearly 4,000 assembly pieces and close to 1,350 tons of steel within the east side of the stadium.
Combined, the three phases totaled more than 4,274 tons of steel for around 8,548,000 pounds.
With the final beam set, the last stages of the renovation, including concrete pouring and seating installation, are now ongoing.
To see the progress of the construction, fans can visit the school’s website.
- Gonzales: Arizona State’s competition on defense ‘amazing’
- Bubble Watch: ASU rebounds from Colorado loss with big win over Utah
- Former ASU defensive lineman Bates announces transfer to Colorado State
- New D-back, former ASU pitcher Kelly hoping to break into majors
- AD Anderson speaks on maturing Hurley, understanding Herman-haters