Brandi Chastain’s Hall of Fame plaque looks like Gary Busey or something
You might remember Brandi Chastain for being very good at soccer.
Being good at things tends to get people put into hall of fames, and hall of fames like to memorialize athletes in the form of busts, statues or plaques.
That tends to get artists in trouble.
Chastain, a two-time gold medalist soccer player, was inducted into the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame and on Monday, an image of the plaque that will represent her was released to less-than-complimentary reviews.
Long story short, the image doesn’t look like Chastain, infamous for her shootout kick in the 1999 World Cup game against China.
“It’s not the most flattering,” she told the San Jose Mercury News of the image. “But it’s nice.”
Chastain’s review might be a bit too … nice.
Many people thought it looked like actor Gary Busey.
But sports fans saw a number of different lookalikes in the image.
Just none of them were Brandi Chastain.
The real question about this is whether or not the plaque is better or worse than that infamous Ronaldo bust that took the internet by storm last year.
- MLB Hall of Fame Class of 2018 welcomes 6 to Cooperstown
- Ayton vs. Doncic: Is there any truth to international prospect stigmas?
- ESPN names Barkley, Nash among former Suns that changed the game
- Three former Suns players named as finalists for Basketball Hall of Fame
- Lewis, Moss, Owens, Urlacher highlight 8-person Hall of Fame class