D-backs go camo in honor of Memorial Day weekend
For Memorial Day weekend, the Arizona Diamondbacks are adding some green to their threads.
Honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, the D-backs — and the rest of MLB — will don camouflage over the holiday weekend.
Memorial Day hats have a camouflage base with olive accents. The jerseys feature an olive block A logo and numbering, plus a five-star patch on the sleeve, representing the United States’ five military branches.
In addition to the on-field gear, MLB will donate all of the royalties from the Memorial Day weekend uniforms to the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors and the Folds of Honor Foundation, charities that support children and families grieving the loss of a military loved one. The organizations will receive a minimum $500,000 collective donation.
- Goldschmidt homers, Souza picks up 3 RBI in D-backs’ win over Padres
- NL West and Wild Card tracker: The D-backs fight for the playoffs
- D-backs’ Jon Jay attempts to rob home run, gets beer on him instead
- D-backs complete trade for Jake Diekman, deal Joshua Javier to Texas
- Diamondbacks continue to rule the first inning: By the numbers