D-backs go camo in honor of Memorial Day weekend
For Memorial Day weekend, the Arizona Diamondbacks are adding some green to their threads.
Honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, the D-backs — and the rest of MLB — will don camouflage over the holiday weekend.
Memorial Day hats have a camouflage base with olive accents. The jerseys feature an olive block A logo and numbering, plus a five-star patch on the sleeve, representing the United States’ five military branches.
In addition to the on-field gear, MLB will donate all of the royalties from the Memorial Day weekend uniforms to the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors and the Folds of Honor Foundation, charities that support children and families grieving the loss of a military loved one. The organizations will receive a minimum $500,000 collective donation.
- D-backs acquire INF/OF Tim Locastro from Yankees
- D-backs’ Archie Bradley is either closing or tweeting about that song
- Reports: INF Wilmer Flores agrees to deal with Diamondbacks
- Diamondbacks release 2019 spring training radio, TV broadcast schedule
- Status update: The Diamondbacks’ 2019 arbitration-eligible players