D-backs go camo in honor of Memorial Day weekend
For Memorial Day weekend, the Arizona Diamondbacks are adding some green to their threads.
Honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, the D-backs — and the rest of MLB — will don camouflage over the holiday weekend.
Memorial Day hats have a camouflage base with olive accents. The jerseys feature an olive block A logo and numbering, plus a five-star patch on the sleeve, representing the United States’ five military branches.
In addition to the on-field gear, MLB will donate all of the royalties from the Memorial Day weekend uniforms to the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors and the Folds of Honor Foundation, charities that support children and families grieving the loss of a military loved one. The organizations will receive a minimum $500,000 collective donation.
- Sports Illustrated: Ketel Marte’s great month of June at the plate
- He’s back: Shelby Miller will make season debut for D-backs on Monday
- D-backs option Matt Koch to Triple-A, call up Jake Barrett
- Sawdaye: D-backs doing ‘due diligence on everybody’ before trade deadline
- Diamondbacks fall to Angels, split two-game series in Anaheim