Falling D-backs fan is actually switching jerseys, hats to get baseballs
There’s nothing quite like getting a baseball at the ballpark.
From catching a foul ball to when players will throw a ball into the stands, it’s a great feeling to get one of those balls.
For one fan, that feeling must be worth a lot, because he came very prepared to the Arizona Diamondbacks’ game Monday night against the San Francisco Giants.
In a D-backs shirt and cap, the fan was sitting right behind Arizona’s bullpen with his glove. As a foul ball went down the right field line, the fan laid out for the ball, but the ball wouldn’t roll far enough to him.
The result was him falling over the barricade into the dirt, looking like a fool, as he appeared frustrated by how the entire situation had unfolded.
Well, upon further review, that awkward moment when everyone felt bad for the fan was actually the opposite.
TV cameras caught the fan pulling out a Giants jersey and hat from his bag, changing his outfit multiple times throughout the game in the hopes of getting a ball.
- D-backs FA outfielder A.J. Pollock’s status, FA market remain at standstill
- D-backs acquire INF/OF Tim Locastro from Yankees
- D-backs’ Archie Bradley is either closing or tweeting about that song
- Reports: INF Wilmer Flores agrees to deal with Diamondbacks
- Diamondbacks release 2019 spring training radio, TV broadcast schedule