Puma unveils shoes Deandre Ayton and Marvin Bagley will wear
Top NBA Draft picks Deandre Ayton and Marvin Bagley surprised many sneakerheads when they decided to sign shoe deals with Puma.
Puma hasn’t been a powerhouse in basketball footwear for many years, but adding two potential NBA stars is how it’s trying to build up its basketball brand.
Puma just released images of the shoes that Ayton and Bagley will be sporting during their rookie season. The shoes are called the Puma Clyde Court Disrupt, inspired by Puma’s first signature athlete, Walt “Clyde” Frazier.
The brand also made waves they announced that JAY-Z was named creative director of Puma Basketball. It’s obvious that Puma is trying to become a major player again, but it still has a long way to go before being mentioned among Nike, Adidas and Under Armour.
- The 2018-19 Suns’ pre-All-Star break: By the numbers
- Ayton makes All-Star Weekend debut, scores 15 in Rising Stars Challenge
- Suns’ Ayton has signature post moves, path to offensive dominance in sight
- Suns throw early punch, take lessons in eventual loss to Warriors
- Deandre Ayton feeling fresh, likely to return from ankle injury vs. Hawks