NBA Draft fashion: Gilgeous-Alexander rocks floral suit, socks are out
Deandre Ayton knows his fashion. He brought it Thursday for the 2018 NBA Draft.
The Arizona center’s green pocket square made the pink of his collared shirt pop out of his blue suit-pants combo. Watches, cufflinks and other accessories included, it was a complete look.
Speaking of complete, Oklahoma point guard Trae Young’s outfit wasn’t exactly that — he forgot his pant legs.
More outrageous was Kentucky’s Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who rocked a floral, tan-ish suit.
Meanwhile, Duke big man Wendell Carter went a different direction with a Black Panther-inspired black suit with a colorful wrap around his shawl.
Marvin Bagley III’s shiny black suit came with a custom liner, as did Jaren Jackson Jr.’s.
And if there was a single theme to the 2018 draft class’ style, it was that socks are on the way out.
- The 2018-19 Suns’ pre-All-Star break: By the numbers
- Ayton makes All-Star Weekend debut, scores 15 in Rising Stars Challenge
- Suns’ Ayton has signature post moves, path to offensive dominance in sight
- Suns throw early punch, take lessons in eventual loss to Warriors
- Deandre Ayton feeling fresh, likely to return from ankle injury vs. Hawks