Diana Taurasi, Brittney Griner help Mercury defeat Fever
INDIANAPOLIS — Diana Taurasi scored 25 points, Brittney Griner added 20 and the Phoenix Mercury routed the Indiana Fever 95-77 on Friday night.
The Mercury (12-5) outscored the Fever 29-13 in the second quarter and led by 32 in the third.
DeWanna Bonner added 15 points and nine rebounds and hit both of her 3-point attempts.
The Fever trailed just 29-28 after the first 12 minutes and then Taurasi’s 4-point play sparked a 10-2 run in which the Mercury pulled away.
Phoenix had another 9-0 run later in the second quarter and closed the half with a 56-39 lead.
Kelsey Mitchell was 5 of 10 from 3-point range and had 19 points for Indiana (1-15). Victoria Vivians, Erica Wheeler and Kayla Alexander added 10 each for the Fever.
They have lost five in a row.
- Mercury guard Diana Taurasi makes All-WNBA First Team for 10th time
- Mercury can’t contain Sue Bird late, eliminated from playoffs by Storm
- Mercury set for Game 5 vs. Storm after becoming first to come back from 0-2
- Griner, Mercury fight back from 17-point deficit, force Game 5
- DeWanna Bonner leads Mercury to game 3 win with 18 first-half points