Mercury forward Sancho Lyttle out for season with torn ACL
Phoenix Mercury starting forward Sancho Lyttle’s season is over.
Lyttle tore her ACL during the Mercury’s game against Washington on Saturday.
The 34-year-old veteran started every game for the Mercury prior to the injury and was an anchor to one of the better defenses in the WNBA.
The Mercury currently sit in first place of the Western Conference and will need to find a way to replace Lyttle’s production in order to continue their early season success.
Lyttle signed with the Mercury as a free agent this winter.
- GM Jim Pitman: Mercury in early stages of finding temporary building
- Mercury guard Diana Taurasi makes All-WNBA First Team for 10th time
- Mercury can’t contain Sue Bird late, eliminated from playoffs by Storm
- Mercury set for Game 5 vs. Storm after becoming first to come back from 0-2
- Griner, Mercury fight back from 17-point deficit, force Game 5