Deandre Ayton slams home first points as a Phoenix Sun
It didn’t take long for Phoenix Suns No. 1 overall pick Deandre Ayton to score his first points for the club.
And he did so with style.
Early in the first quarter of the Summer Suns’ opening matchup against the Dallas Mavericks, guard Shaquille Harrison found Ayton in transition down the floor, lobbing it up and allowing the big man to slam it home.
Ayton’s alley-oop made the Las Vegas crowd erupt with excitement, as he finished the game with 10 points, eight rebounds and a block.
As for other Suns’ draft picks, point guard Ellie Okobo had nine points to end the game, which included a last second three to beat the shot clock in the first quarter.
Mikal Bridges caught fire from behind the arc, hitting four of his five attempts, finishing the game with 14 points and three rebounds. George King had a quiet night, finishing with three points and two rebounds.
Leading the way for the Suns was point guard Davon Reed, who was 7-for-8 from the field with 18 points to lead the Summer Suns to a 92-85 victory.
- Suns to fully guarantee Davon Reed, plan to keep Shaquille Harrison
- Report: Phoenix Suns to trade forward Jared Dudley to Nets
- NBA offseason review: Suns face even more impossible Western Conference
- GM: Suns weighing decisions on Reed, Harrison and beyond
- Suns second-round pick George King plotting rare lengthy NBA career