Suns’ Deandre Ayton buys 300 Mercury playoff tickets for fans
Phoenix Suns rookie center and No. 1 overall pick Deandre Ayton is providing some fans with free playoff basketball.
Ayton purchased 300 playoff tickets for the Phoenix Mercury’s single-elimination showdown on Tuesday with the Dallas Wings at Arizona State University’s Wells Fargo Arena.
If you’re interested in the offer, the tickets can be claimed on a first-come, first served basis on the north side of the arena two hours prior to the 5:30 p.m. tip-off. If you’re with a group, you are allowed to claim up to four tickets.
You might remember Ayton reciting his adoration for Mercury star guard Diana Taurasi in early July.
“I was freaking out,” Ayton said of an interaction in the hallway of Talking Stick Resort Arena. “She said, ‘Hello, great to have you’. I was like starstruck. I was speechless. She’s the Michael Jordan of the WNBA.”
The Mercury enter their sixth-straight playoffs. A WNBA title would mark their fourth as a franchise and tie the league record.
- Struggles for ‘step slow’ Booker continue, Suns fall to Thunder
- In wake of a rough start, Josh Jackson looks to light at the end of the tunnel
- Suns’ Deandre Ayton is learning, not losing; Ariza out for Saturday
- Trevor Ariza to miss second game when the Phoenix Suns host OKC
- SI names Suns’ Deandre Ayton most impressive rookie of first month