Suns’ Deandre Ayton buys 300 Mercury playoff tickets for fans
Phoenix Suns rookie center and No. 1 overall pick Deandre Ayton is providing some fans with free playoff basketball.
Ayton purchased 300 playoff tickets for the Phoenix Mercury’s single-elimination showdown on Tuesday with the Dallas Wings at Arizona State University’s Wells Fargo Arena.
If you’re interested in the offer, the tickets can be claimed on a first-come, first served basis on the north side of the arena two hours prior to the 5:30 p.m. tip-off. If you’re with a group, you are allowed to claim up to four tickets.
You might remember Ayton reciting his adoration for Mercury star guard Diana Taurasi in early July.
“I was freaking out,” Ayton said of an interaction in the hallway of Talking Stick Resort Arena. “She said, ‘Hello, great to have you’. I was like starstruck. I was speechless. She’s the Michael Jordan of the WNBA.”
The Mercury enter their sixth-straight playoffs. A WNBA title would mark their fourth as a franchise and tie the league record.
- Report: Suns to visit head coach candidate Monty Williams on Friday
- Arizona’s Sean Miller remains in spotlight during federal trial
- Former Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Kokoskov firing is ‘business as usual’
- Suns GM Jones’ remarks back up unrealistic expectations for Kokoskov
- Phoenix Suns fire assistants after dismissing Igor Kokoskov