ASU tight end Ceejhay French-Love leaving team, plans to transfer
Arizona State tight end Ceejhay French-Love announced on Twitter Wednesday night he will be transferring.
French-Love played in four games this season and elected to use his redshirt so he can become a graduate transfer next season.
The senior tight end had three receptions for 49 yards and a touchdown last season. In his four games this season, French-Love had one catch for nine yards.
One of those three receptions last year was one of the wildest plays of the Sun Devil season.
In the team’s upset win over No. 5 Washington, quarterback Manny Wilkins fourth-down throw late in the fourth quarter somehow found its way through a window of five different players to French-Love near the sideline.
The catch sealed the victory.
At the position, junior tight end Tommy Hudson has six catches for ASU
- N’Keal Harry: ‘There’s no way’ Cardinals let him slide past pick No. 33
- Report: Hurley agrees to extension with ASU after St. John’s offer
- Joey Daccord makes history, becomes first ASU player in NHL
- Arizona State G Luguentz Dort goes ‘all-in’ entering 2019 NBA Draft
- ESPN’s Fraschilla: Bobby Hurley should stay at ASU over St. John’s