Jenkins scores four touchdowns as Cal Poly beats Northern Arizona
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — Khaleel Jenkins threw for two touchdowns and ran for two more and Cal Poly beat Northern Arizona 38-28 on Saturday night.
Jenkins threw for 98 yards and ran for another 103 yards for the Mustangs (3-5, 2-3 Big Sky Conference). Joe Protheroe matched his career-high 217 yards rushing with a score.
Cal Poly was scoreless in the first quarter then notched four unanswered touchdowns before halftime, starting with a 12-yard Jenkins run to open the second half. Jenkins threw two 38-yard touchdowns after that, one to Quentin Harrison and another to J.J. Koski, and Protheroe took one in from short yardage with 11 seconds left to boost the Mustangs to a 28-7 lead at the break.
Alex Vega capped the first drive of the second half with a 37-yard field goal and Jenkins ran for another score for Cal Poly’s biggest lead, 38-7, with 8:15 to play in the third.
Joe Logan ran for 103 yards and a score for the Lumberjacks (3-5, 2-3).
- Jerrick Harding carries Weber State past Northern Arizona
- Hines’ 22 points not enough as NAU falls to Montana
- NAU football hires former ASU assistant Chris Ball as new head coach
- Eaddy leads 4 in double figures, Santa Clara rallies to beat NAU
- Davison’s pick-6 helps Northern Arizona hold off North Dakota