Arizona Diamondbacks named Defensive Team of the Year
The Arizona Diamondbacks received a team accolade on Wednesday, being named Wilson Defensive Team of the Year.
At the 2018 Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Awards, the D-backs took home the award along with one of their pitchers.
Zack Greinke was named the Defensive Player of the Year among pitchers, his second time winning the award. He also received the honor in 2016.
As for the D-backs, this was their second time winning the team award. Their first was in 2015.
The awards from Wilson are determined using a formula of defensive stats and advanced metrics while also incorporating data from scouting services.
The wins on Wednesday piled on a good week for the D-backs that included Gold Glove wins for Greinke and shortstop Nick Ahmed.
- Rosenthal: D-backs’ Greinke may be 2nd-best pitching option on market
- Fangraphs: If D-backs rebuild, some pieces for future are already in place
- Peralta earns first career Silver Slugger Award, Goldschmidt wins fourth
- Designer creates Diamondbacks alternative hockey jersey
- D-backs’ Ahmed wins 1st career Gold Glove, Greinke earns 5th straight