Prior to the beginning of the NFL Draft, rumors swirled that the Arizona Cardinals were “dangling” wide receiver Michael Floyd in possible trades.
General manager Steve Keim shot down those rumors a week ago, but they won’t go away. AZ Central’s Kent Somers said Monday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM that the Cardinals are still listening to offers from other teams for Floyd’s services.
Keim joined Doug and Wolf Wednesday morning and talked in greater detail about what, or more to the point, what isn’t going on regarding the fourth-year wide receiver.
“This is an easy answer,” Keim said. “I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t listen if somebody was to call about any of our players — Michael Floyd or whoever is on our roster. I mean I’d give Ron Wolfley away for a lemon and a bologna and cheese sandwich.
“At the same time, I have not made one call or actively tried to push Michael Floyd, nor have I had a call on Michael Floyd.”
The Cardinals picked up the fifth-year option on Floyd’s rookie contract last week. The receiver had a down season in 2014, catching 47 passes for 841 yards and six touchdowns.
Keim hopes those numbers improve in 2015.
“We still have expectations for him. He’s got to improve from a consistency standpoint,” he said. “Michael’s made some big plays for us over the years, and we expect nothing less this year.”