Bullpen help is on the way for Arizona Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale.
The D-backs reinstated right-handed reliever Randall Delgado from the 15-day disabled list Monday and optioned infielder/outfielder Jamie Romak back to Triple-A Reno.
Delgado, who was sidelined with a sprained right ankle, made two rehab appearances in the minor leagues, posting a 1-0 record and a 9.00 ERA in two innings of work. On the season, Delgado is 4-3 with a 2.79 ERA and one save in 41 appearances out of the Arizona bullpen.
Romak played in six games with the D-backs, batting .300 (3-for-10) with two runs scored, one double and one RBI.
The Diamondbacks begin a three-game series in Pittsburgh against the Pirates Monday night.
- D-backs’ Souza exits Cactus League game after straining right shoulder
- Diamondbacks’ Zack Greinke: My groin is pretty good
- D-backs give inside look at new museum, cabanas at Chase Field
- D-backs introduce Portillo’s, Gonzo’s Grill, Dutch Bros at Chase Field
- D-backs’ Ray has command issues in short outing against Angels